Medilina (Spirulina) is the common name for human and animal food supplements produced primarily from two species of cyanobacteria: Arthrospira platensis, and Arthrospira maxima. It has a very long history of being served as a source of food for human beings. Today spirulina is being consumed by millions of people all over the world and they are discovering lots of health benefits apart from its nutritive value.
- Spirulina is richest food source of complete protein with more than 60% protein content.
- Spirulina is richest food source of beta carotene, which is higher than any other known sources of beta carotene. The Beta carotene content in Medilina is 25 times more than that in raw carrots.
- Spirulina is richest food source of vitamin B12, which is more than any other known sources of vitamin B12.
- Spirulina is richest food source of gamma Linolenic acid (GLA) which is precursor to body's important hormone prostaglandin.
- Spirulina is extremely high in Chlorophyll, which helps remove toxins from the blood and boost the immune system.
- Spirulina contains a spectrum of natural antioxidants like beta-carotene, vitamin E, vitamin B1, B5, & B6, zinc, manganese, copper and selenium & amino acid methionine.