Garcinia cambogia – there is more in it than just a weight reduction!
It is known as a little pumpkin and by different names like garcinia gummi-gutta, bilder berry or the famous one “Garcinia cambogia”. This Malabar tamarind is influencing lot of people to add it into their day to day life. There are many reasons for this but the most impressive one is, its ability to reduce weight.
Nowadays, people are really obsessed with weight reducing agents. If someone gains a little weight he/she become diet conscious, join gyms etc. This obsession is specifically seen in today’s teenagers and in the older ones too! Why shouldn’t they worry about their weight? One of the main reason for suffering from diseases is gaining weight. There are certain fruits, extracts, veggies which helps in shedding weight and garcinia cambogia is one of them. But besides helping in shedding weight it has amazing other benefits which make it influential.
Garcinia cambogia is a fruit and its extracts are used for the treatment of many health-related issues. It is found in different parts of the world. Hydroxycitric acid (HCA) is the key ingredient in garcinia which enhances the rate of burning fats within the body and elevates serotonin level in the body. This even makes your stomach feel fuller for a longer time. It is believed to be an excellent weight loss supplement. Garcinia cambogia extract is the hub of magnesium, vitamin C, manganese, potassium and hydroxycitric acid (HCA), vitamins B, folic acid, and niacin.
Chemical and nutritive constituents
Chemical and nutritive constituents
- Hydroxycitric acid is the active ingredient and possesses anti-obesity activity
- by reducing food intake and body fat gain
- by regulating the serotonin levels related to satiety.
- It enhances fat oxidation. It is believed to be a fat melting supplement too.
- The crude extract also possess antidiabetic, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, anticholinesterase and hepatoprotective activities 
- Stamina booster: Certain dysfunctions in the body slow the body metabolism and makes you tired easily. Consuming garcinia cambogia can boost the stamina of your body. The HCA present in it enhances the metabolism by inhibiting the enzyme that slows down the metabolism. 
- It helps to reduce wrinkles and acne: Applying its extract on the skin helps to reduce wrinkles to a certain extent. It helps alleviate the excessive production of fat hence inhibits citrate lyase, thus giving it the ability to reduce or block the production of fat in your body. 
- It acts as a moisturizer as it contains oleic acid which is used as a moisturizer in cosmetics. Hence is very helpful for the skin.
- It reduces stress: Stress is one of those major factors which leads to many diseases. Regulation of cortisol levels which is one of the most common stress hormones in the blood can be done by the HCA present in garcinia extract. Thus, this herbal supplement can improve overall well being of individuals.
- Alleviates cholesterol: HCA and other compounds present in garcinia help to alleviate bad cholesterol and promotes good cholesterol. Therefore, it alleviates chances of suffering from diseases like heart strokes and attacks, high blood pressure etc.
- Regulate blood sugar level: Garcinia cambogia can be a better choice for the patients suffering from blood sugar problems. It regulates the sugar level as well as metabolism.
Garcinia cambogia is available in the form of diet pills, powder supplement, many other forms and are highly demanded in the market. Garcinia cambogia is declared GRAS (by the US FDA) when used under the appropriate conditions, with no side effects of any significance. Globally, the major market share is of Asia Pacific and it is the largest consumer of garcinia cambogia extract. The 2nd prominent contributor in garcinia cambogia extract market is in Africa and in the Asia Pacific, India produces the major revenue. 
Side effects: 
Some claim that they didn’t experience any side effect while others had a different experience.
- It might cause some liver problems
- Skin rashes might be seen who are sensitive to garcinia
- Some people become fuzzy
- Might affect immune functions
- Garcinia might be harmful to pregnant or breastfeeding female
- People taking medications to control asthma and allergies should take doctors advice before consuming this
- It might interact with iron supplements generally taken by anaemic patients
- It might react to pain and diabetes medications
Garcinia cambogia Extract and its fruit not just helps in alleviating weight but also boosts stamina, metabolism, reduces skin problems etc. Overall it improves the entire health.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
click here to log in